Thread: spider 6

Cameras and Equipment

Canon 300D Panasonic FZ50 CS2 Lightroom

Default spider 6

Dont know what it is but boy could it jump (or maybe bungee jump)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider 6.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	1418  

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

looks like One of the Orb-weavers possibly the golden Orb.
    Great capture. Well don.
    Most are good at bungee jumpers. There is a jumping spider but it's extremely small.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

Could you get a picture of the top of it DD, how big was it?
    Rolf

Cameras and Equipment

From the top Rolf, are you kidding.Toots is a bit poorly at the moment,when she finds out that I have crushed some of her (how do you spell fueshur fusia,fushea) plants to get the shot, then we will both be in trouble.Me for messing up the garden and you for asking for me to mess it up more by getting a shot from the top. you could turn the pic upside down though Oh by the way its body was about 5/8 inch long,never asked about the legs (you no what females are like) Whoops
    Last edited by digidark; 19-08-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Lol. Next time get a glass and a piece of cardboard capture the spidy in the glass and shove the cardboard under and then take the poor little blighter to the bathroom and put him in the bath where he can't escape. Make sure you have a backdrop that isn't white, put that in the bath then subject him to the camera.
    When finished , back into the glass and out into the garden . Be very careful with his/her legs they are very delicate

Cameras and Equipment

Couldnt do that chocky, it was well out of reach and had spent so much time building its web that it wouldnt have been fair. A bit like when we were youngsters and making a sand castle, then some bully kicked it over.....It was taken with a 300 mm lens on a tripod thats what squshed the flowers. The tripod not the lens.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Oh right.
    When I was a little.............well I was never a little girl but when I was little I used to have sheer delight in flicking one spider into another spiders web and watching the consequences. I was very little you know about 5yrs old
    I think I know better now.

Cameras and Equipment

Chocky, you ,Rolf, louise. Babs etc. are supposed to be showing me how its done. At 5 years old you were flicking spiders into oblivion,mmmm. At pushing 65 (in 76 days :6hrs and 22 mins I officially retire) not that I'm counting, I wouldnt even go near a Spider 3 months ago now as soon as I see one the camera is out,Toots is getting the same but because the lass is a bit poorly,she is a bit out of it.Unless of course she is hiding them in the bed(wondered where my ring flash had gone)

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Lol. I think we all know better now.
    Ha ha . I'm going to be 36 next month

Slightly Mad Moderator ladylouise62's Avatar
    Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

Well, unlike chocky I was a GOOD girl when I was young, except for pouring boiling water on ant's nests in the garden lawn for my Mum (polishes halo)

I was always interested in insects to some degree and often leave spiders in the house to liven it up (yep, I'm not houseproud!), but only started photographing them since I got my present camera.. of course, what my brothers did I really can't tell you

DigiDark - do you have a monopod? In situations like this it is a bit less destructive but still helps to keep the camera still. It's also much easier to carry around which is always a bonus

Slightly Mad Moderator ladylouise62's Avatar
    Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

OI forgot to say - nice photo. I love the beautiful banded legs.
    I have mostly the lighter coloured ones here, but considering the number of nests of them I saw earlier in the year It's not surprising that I have one sort

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

I was not a good little Shhhh.
    I only flicked spiders because I was told the female eats the male
    I liked beetles and caterpillars and all other forms of life except earwigs. Now those were a nightmare and still are.

Thread Information