Thread: Red Fox

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Default Red Fox

Not fantastic photos. He/she was across the other side of a very large field. I nearly missed it thinking it was a mound of muddy earth until he/she moved
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)  DSC_0081.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	13818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)  DSC_0085.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	13819  

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

They're lovely shots, Beryl, and of a Fox where he should be!

We have to put our rubbish out (in bags, note!) on Thursday nights, but recently Foxes have attacked them before the 'bin men' have arrived very early on Fridays and have left things strewn all over the road. Last night was no exception! We now just put out the 'recycling' bag at night and keep the other/s in the garage until first thing on a Friday.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

Ah you need a couple of metal bins to put the bags in Catherine, then the bin men can just lift the bags out of the bins.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Thank you Catherine.
    Yes in his/her natural habitat looking for rabbits and little rodents . I did see one chase a rabbit , this end of the field but both were just too fast

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

The Foxes would just pull them over, Rolf. They're very clever creatures. Something without a lid wouldn't keep them out, and something with a lid would not be acceptable to the rubbish collectors. (We are told not to put the bags inside anything as it would slow down the collections..... )

I worry that folks here will want to put down poison to stop them. I'd hate the Foxes to get hurt - and just found (after the election) that our MP supports Fox hunting - so no support for Foxes (or probably refuse collections) can be expected there!

Only grouse I have with Foxes (no pun intended!) is the mess they leave. I would neither want to pick up neighbours' personal rubbish, nor have anyone pick up ours. I think we must be one of the few council areas in the UK where there are no wheelie bins, and bags of household refuse and recycling materials are collected weekly.

Oh, and don't ask about recycling centres! (A long narrow track leads to a small area which has 4 large skips in it and has only space for 4 cars to offload at a time.... )

I'll try to get a pic of the nigh time marauders, but, despite my camera sitting on the window ledge at the ready each Thursday night, when I rise very early to catch them on film, they have still to arrive. Then, when I check the next time - the mess is all over the street!

I have seen them several times though!

Slightly Mad Moderator ladylouise62's Avatar
    Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

Poor old you, Catherine, it's hard to control the natural world.... but I didn't realise that there were still places in the UK that didn't have wheelie bins! I have a local tomcat who has no fear at entering strange houses, which is a bit of a bugger as I like leaving my back door open to let the air in, but he comes in and sprays. My expensive settee certainly doesn't have the "straight-from-the-factory" smell anymore

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Perhaps this thread would be more suited in the general section under rubbish all over the streets and places that don't have wheelie bins with a bit about Urban Foxes and tom cats to boot

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Sorry, Beryl! I know what you mean!

Didn't mean to go off-topic - and will certainly start a new thread if I get any pics of the culprits - though they won't be as good as your pics here!
    Last edited by Catherine; 22-05-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

When there's such a small group of people on a board, I don't think it's too heinous going off topic.. at least there's someone talking!

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

No point in having sections then

Quoted from the forum Rules and guide lines
    If posting in an existing thread, as a matter of courtesy to the originator, please keep on topic, off topic posts may be removed or deleted

Thank you for you apology Catherine
    Last edited by Chocky; 23-05-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Yes, those rules are on most boards as well as this one Beryl, and are quite necessary on large boards, but since there is so little activity here I just thought that we didn't want to stop people from actually talking to each other.
    It doesn't happen often, and surely, sometimes giving a little leeway is probably a good idea if we want to keep this community interesting enough to enable it to keep going.

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Beryl, I admired your Fox photos. My further comment was about Foxes - not TOO far 'off topic' surely? However, I recognised your annoyance at the time, so responded in a friendly and apologetic manner.

Your last comment here could only be taken as a 'put down' though, and was completely unnecessary.

Maybe I am on the wrong forum? If TVB is only meant to be a 'post a pic' site where the photos must be of exceptionally high quality and the poster only expects flattering comments re. the photo/s posted, it's not for me - as I neither have an expensive camera, nor do I post any pics expecting adulation!

I'm at least as interested in the subject/topic of each photo I see here than I am of its quality - hence my earlier response, although I'm thrilled to see so many wonderful studies as well!

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

I'm sorry.
    It wasn't meant as a put down just a querey about the T&Cs. Maybe it's me that is in the wrong place

I'm not intersted in flattery, just some feed back of a fox in a farmers field.

I'm sorry I started the thread . I won't be staring any more.
    There not even great photos.
    Last edited by Chocky; 24-05-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information