Name:	crathorne-church.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	1694

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-brewing-storm.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	1695As a rule, I generally photograph landscapes, but am getting into more and more subjects over the weeks/months, so I thought I would post a couple of my recent ones for you to have a look at.

Hope you like

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

I like them both, the contrasts are superb.

Did you have to use much in the way of manipulation Spooks?
    Rolf

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Nice captures. Well done

Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D70s CS2 LightRoom

Quote Originally Posted by rolf View Post
    I like them both, the contrasts are superb.

Did you have to use much in the way of manipulation Spooks?
    I used a HDR program Rolf. The Field image was one exposure, which I first put through a RAW editor and adjusted the exposure, then imported the files into the HDR program. LOL The next bit was fiddeling with slider until I got the effect I wanted.

The Church image is composed of several RAW files taken at different shutter speeds, then directly imported into the HDR program. Then tweaked slightly in Photoshop.

Hopes you understand what I am babbling about tho.....

Am really pleased you like them too. I will have to post more if anyone else likes

Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D70s CS2 LightRoom

Thank you Chocky

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Your welcome
    I can see the mistake I might have made. I would have put the main object in the middle which I can see now, isn't where it goes.
    I hope you know what i mean (I do)

Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D70s CS2 LightRoom

Quote Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
    Your welcome
    I can see the mistake I might have made. I would have put the main object in the middle which I can see now, isn't where it goes.
    I hope you know what i mean (I do)
    I know what you mean Chocky. Dad has been drumming into me the thing about rule of thirds, and yes, I still get it wrong...

I will post an image, and he if i got it wrong, the first thing he says to me, "You know what you've done wrong, don't you?"

Yes, Dad, the horizon is in the middle etc... LOL - but he helps me out a lot, and its thanks to him I am into my photography

Cheers Pops

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

The rule of the thirds is a new to me. I learned in math about the golden rectangle in art which is a similar rule with the same ratio.
    In all great paintings you will see an invisible rectangle be it horizontal or vertical but this rectangle also has a spiral which goes on to infinity (that is the math part of it and is found in nature. Like the snails shell and the centre of a flower) I am not familiar with the photography's rule but am learning.
    Last edited by Chocky; 25-09-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added info

Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D70s CS2 LightRoom

I think it works in the same way, Chocky. LOL, every thing I seem to look at now, being painting, image in a paper, tv or even signs on wagons, I am looking for the rule of thirds. Maybe I am finally getting there....

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Well . Your dad knows what he is talking about I read his tutorials They are good. Have you read them???

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I used a HDR program Rolf. The Field image was one exposure, which I first put through a RAW editor and adjusted the exposure, then imported the files into the HDR program. LOL The next bit was fiddeling with slider until I got the effect I wanted.

The Church image is composed of several RAW files taken at different shutter speeds, then directly imported into the HDR program. Then tweaked slightly in Photoshop.

Hopes you understand what I am babbling about tho.....

Am really pleased you like them too. I will have to post more if anyone else likes
    Yes, have been looking at the HDR (High Dynamic Range) manipulation programs, Photomatix looks like quite a good one, trouble is that I don't do enough landscape at the moment to justify the purchase.

Post as many landscapes as you like Spooks, the more we have here, the more others will be encouraged to join and post their photos.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

Wow some excellent images you have posted Spooks well done. I am hopeless at landscapes. If it hasn't got wings then I've no chance. But I will try to take in what you have said when I have more time and hopefully put into practice at the weekend

Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D70s CS2 LightRoom

Thank you kindly Babs, am pleased you like them!

Here is another one. This is the famous White Horse view, in North Yorkshire, not far from where I live.

Chocky, remember me saying that dad reminds me of the rule of thirds etc... Well this is one instance, the original horizon was wonky! so this time I've redone it and posted the better one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitehorse_hdr.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	1703  

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

LOl. Very good. I always forget to straighten the horizen.
    There is a straightening tool in CS 2 . (Some where) and once you have straightened your horizon (you think) Yo just draw a line across the pic and the pic straightens it's self.
    I'm not a landscape person really but now getting quite interested in it.I has to be interesting like the one above with the rainbow and it's reflection

Thread Information