Thread: Nearby Titchfield Haven

Real Name
    Philip
    Cameras and Equipment

Camera :- Nikon D3100 used with Nikkor 70-300 F/4-5.6 VR Lens. Compact Camera :- Samsung V5.0 Tripod : - Yep, Good One. Binoculars :- Nikon 'Sport Lite' 10x25.

Default Nearby Titchfield Haven

Went to visit Titchfield Haven on the Solent. Did my usual research prior to visit and did not spot that they are closed Mon Teus prior to 30th March. tho the Tea rooms were open.
    So only got a few shots of the shoreline as no access to the Reserve.
    To save the day i programed my Sat Nav to take me to nearby Netley Abbey and of course it was closed as well, too early in the season to go visiting places despite the lovely weather
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titchfield Haven 002.JPG 
Views:	327 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	18503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titchfield Haven 004.JPG 
Views:	329 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	18504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titchfield Haven 007.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	18505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titchfield Haven 010.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	351.9 KB 
ID:	18506  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titchfield Haven 012.JPG 
Views:	316 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	18507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titchfield Haven 014.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	18508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titchfield Haven 016.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	18509  

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

It's a shame that the Titchfield Reserve wasn't open for you - or even Netley Abbey, but you picked a good day to go down that way all the same, and I love your photos!

I've seen anglers try their luck from the shore at this side of Southampton Water, but have never seen them catch anything. I wonder what they are fishing for?

The BHG looks quite immaculate - as if his dark head has just been expertly painted, without a smudge where it meets the white.Love the way the sun was shining on the Oystercatcher as it landed, and that little bird - is it a Stint of sorts, a Knot, or other? What is the building in the last pic? Is that Netley Abbey?

Now, had you set your sat nav to go to this side of Southampton Water, you could have gone to see the Dark-eyed Junco, the Spanish Sparrow and the wonderful exhibition of Bond cars at Beaulieu (open all year round). They are all within a radius of app. 5 miles from Beaulieu, so if you've got any other day spare before places open, there's an idea for you!

BTW, Exbury opens next Saturday - and the Daffodil Meadow, the Camellias and other early blossoms should be really colourful!

Real Name
    Philip
    Cameras and Equipment

Camera :- Nikon D3100 used with Nikkor 70-300 F/4-5.6 VR Lens. Compact Camera :- Samsung V5.0 Tripod : - Yep, Good One. Binoculars :- Nikon 'Sport Lite' 10x25.

It was good to be out on the road on such a lovely day. The Church is in in Westwood Park on the shoreline closeby Netley. A very large park with massive lawns and open woodland, a sort of House estate that is open to the public, i did not have time to view as i wanted to get back to Windsor before the rush hours. 2 guesses, the man may be fishing for Sea Bass and the small bird is a Knot

Thread Information