Thread: Falling stars of the garden - Starlings at all time low in RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch

Real Name
    Robert
    Cameras and Equipment

Just your average news hound.

Post Falling stars of the garden - Starlings at all time low in RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch

Almost 600,000 people took part in this year's RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch, counting over nine million birds.

More...

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

Still have a few visiting the garden, but were low numbers on day of the count, they must all be down at the hypermarket car park.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

Only ever have one or two a day - and they just visit the fatcake.

Slightly Mad Moderator ladylouise62's Avatar
    Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

I had a family until my roof was done (couldn't avoid blocking that bit up), but my neighbours always had a roof-full. Thinking about it, I don't remember seeing many of them there last year. I've seen one on the roof, but it may have been visiting. The volume in the area did drop very suddenly, but in the last decade was holding. But I think that it is going down again. Sad

Mind you, I was disappointed that after losing the Starling nest I decided to get the Starling box that the RSPB had in their shop, but it was no longer stocked. I checked for years and couldn't see one, although I just checked now and they seem to have just added one back to their stock. About time!!

Thread Information