Thread: Midnight Express

Merlin

Default Midnight Express

Don't really know where this pic should be but I just seen Chocky say 'I love steam trains' somewhere in one of her posts and wondered if you would like to see this one I took years ago.

Don't try to expand it, if you do it will go out the window!

Hope you like it.

Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpeg 1.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	457.6 KB 
ID:	3961  

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

That's a cracker Pete, I'll change the title of the section to include Industrial landscapes and photos.
    Rolf

Merlin

Rolf.

I'm learning fast here and you are one of the most obliging guys iv'e met in many a year.

Thanks a bundle Rolf.

Pete.

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

Hey great image Pete can you remember where you took the photo, I love steam trains too. The last time one I went on was at the East Lancashire Railway 1940's weekend in Rawtenstall fab day out I loved it every time the driver made the train go oooooooeoooooo if you know what I mean. I'll have to dig out some photos too. I can still remember when I was younger we had to walk through a clough (woods) to get to the train station and we used to travel to Manchester on a steam train on a Saturday.

Cameras and Equipment

Olympus D-380

Nice shot.Pete
    Chocky does like Steam trains. The lounge sports 8 framed pictures and she has another 30+ A5 size pictures of them some where

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Brilliant capture. Yes I do as my son says like steam trains. Just love the great iron beasts. I used to like looking out of the window when the train would camber a bend and see some 20 + coaches and the smoke puffing along the top when I went on holidays a s a child. ( I was a child but I was never as little girl )

Real Name
    andrew
    Cameras and Equipment

most of my efforts are digi-scoped, using an opticron hr66 scope, pentax optio v15 digital camera and homemade adaptor.+ a panasonic lumix fz28

nice shot pete, the steam coming from the top looks a bit aurora borealis does'nt it. do you remember the smell from the fake smoke you got with the toy hornby train sets????

Merlin

Thank you for your kind comments guys/galls.

The photo was taken many years ago at Steamtown Carnforth (presume its still called this) so the title 'Midnight Express' is a bit of a fake but adds 'feeling' to the image.

I started working life as a fireman on these magnificent monsters......makes me a bit of a dinosaur I suppose but happy days until a man called Dr Beeching came along wielding a massive axe and chopped off many small arteries (branch lines) leaving lots of us for dead including me. You can all put your tissues away now!

Thanks for the 'Chocky' explanation Beryl but don't start me on cats......we love them and lost one to sugar diabetes last year. We still have her mother yet, shes a healthy 17 year old. Where can I post a picture of her Rolf?

Pete.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Put it in the general. Meeting place thread Pete I have some pics of mine there.

Real Name
    andrew
    Cameras and Equipment

most of my efforts are digi-scoped, using an opticron hr66 scope, pentax optio v15 digital camera and homemade adaptor.+ a panasonic lumix fz28

ah ....carnforth railway station. is'nt that where they filmed the scene from the film brief encounter, with trevor howard

Merlin

Beryl. Hetti is in this section but with instructions for Rolf to remove it if iv'e broken any rules. A cat doesn't treally fit in here though does it?

Andy. Brief Encounter......yes.

Pete.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

It's ok Pete i moved it to the pets section in with the non indigenous. I have moved all the pets there now. Rolf Added a pets section in with the non indigenous
    You haven't done any thing wrong , We just move them if they belong some where else so plese don't worry,

Thread Information