Thread: Which country?

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

Default Which country?

If you had the choice, which three countries where you haven't already been would you like to visit and why.

I would like to to go to the American Wild West and visit the cowboy towns and Indian reservations......I would have to go in a car or the back of a motorbike because I am frightened of horses.

Southern Ireland because I have heard it's beautiful and some of my ancestors came from there and I would like to go for long walks in the hills armed with my camera of course.

Malaysia on a jungle trek would be my third choice, I love the sounds of the jungle and I could take plenty of photos of all the wierd and wonderful things the jungle holds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	4006  

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

Tasmania, Tibet (but not at the moment) and Japan.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

France.

Real Name
    andrew
    Cameras and Equipment

most of my efforts are digi-scoped, using an opticron hr66 scope, pentax optio v15 digital camera and homemade adaptor.+ a panasonic lumix fz28

new zealand would be one, from the pictures i've seen the scenery looks stunning. i'm a sucker for a beautiful view.
    ...... do you know babs this is harder than it sounds.
    theres so many places to see for different reasons, narrowing it down to three is quite hard.
    iceland sounds good. the land of fire and ice. i'd love to see an active volcano...though not endangering anyone ,obviously.
    southern france also looks stunning..(oops i've been to paris once.). i like to watch programmes such as' a place in the sun' . i've always thought that the ardeche valley looks a very beautiful spot.
    i guess the views govern my choices

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
    France.
    Errrr that's only one and you haven't said why Have you never been Beryl to France that is

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by rolf View Post
    Tasmania, Tibet (but not at the moment) and Japan.
    rolf, what would be your reasons for visiting these three countries...........Japan is it to eat the raw fish

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

LOL, no thanks, not a fish lover, I've always wanted to go there and my sister went there last year and said it was a "must see" place.

Tibet because I love mountains and the pictures I've seen make it look intriguing, Tasmania, my friend Brian lives there and tells me how stunning the landscapes are, it being largely unspoiled.

I've been to the United States, Bahamas, France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Newfoundland (Canada), Ireland, Scotland and Wales, so couldn't include any of those, even though some were only visited briefly.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

Thanks rolf, the countries I've been to are
    Italy, Switzerland, France, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Wales, Scotland, Spain, Cyprus, Malta, Egypt, India,Thailand and South Africa.

We went to Egypt for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, fantastic holiday

So come on folks how about listing which countries you have been to as well

Real Name
    andrew
    Cameras and Equipment

most of my efforts are digi-scoped, using an opticron hr66 scope, pentax optio v15 digital camera and homemade adaptor.+ a panasonic lumix fz28

i was thinking along the same lines as you rolf, i have visited canada, toronto and niagara. but i really would love to visit the rockies and the national parks.
    i suppose the distance apart it could almost be another country. ( if you take into consideration how small our tiny country is compared to canada)
    the train ride through the rockies must be brill.

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

I was thinking about Icelend as well andy, I bet the scenery is stunning and am I right in thinking you can see the northern lights there.

Real Name
    andrew
    Cameras and Equipment

we are off to egypt in july, hope to see a few birds that i have'nt seen before, though it will be mostly a beach holiday.
    i'm not really one for lolling on a beach i like to explore abit

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    we are off to egypt in july, hope to see a few birds that i have'nt seen before, though it will be mostly a beach holiday.
    i'm not really one for lolling on a beach i like to explore abit
    Nice one andy we also went in July very very very hot as you probably already know. We had a 7 night cruise down the Nile, 3 nights in Cairo and 4 nights Luxor. While in Luxor we went on a day trip to the Red sea and also a day trip to Abu Simbel. I would say out of all the holidays I have had this was by far the best and really interesting and the people were lovely..................I would do the exact same holiday tomorrow if I could I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.

Real Name
    andrew
    Cameras and Equipment

i hear the stars are beautiful at night also, as its so clear.

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    i hear the stars are beautiful at night also, as its so clear.
    certainly are, unfortunately I was not into photography then well not like I am know, we took loads of photos and if I remember rightly when we came back it cost us £70 to have them all developed. At night it was breezy and it felt like a hot hairdryer was blowing in your face while were on the boat. Most important is a hat, the sun is right above you and beaming down on your head during the day.... I was always looking for the shade.

Thread Information