Thread: Mushroom/toadstall ID please ?

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Default Mushroom/toadstall ID please ?

Captured these in the local park along the edge of the footpath. Haven't a clue as to whet they are . Maybe some one can help to identify them please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0127.JPG 
Views:	317 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	4152  

Merlin

Sorry everyone has let this one pass Beryl and my reply doesn't solve anything save to say I'll try to look it up.

Pete.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Lol. Thanks Pete.
    I do have a book but they all look the same unless coloured

They do look a bit like Russulas ochroleuca But so do lots of others

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

Beryl I can't make out from the photo but do you remember them having stalks, I was thinking along the lines of velvet shank - flammulina velupes.............. I am probably a thousand miles away

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

You may be right . They all look the same . It was just a fresh bunch so I thought I would snap them. They look poisoness to me

Merlin

Not really making much progress here I'm afraid Beryl, but here's my suggestion having looked through the entire UK list.

I found three which 'could' match your photograph, the most likely - as far as I could see - being......Common Rustgill (gymnopilus penetrans), another two were a good match, Bitter Oysterling, and Common Stump Brittlestem. As the name of the last of these suggests it has a thin (brittle stem) which isn't visible in your image, but colour and general shape are pretty close to your picture. But I'm sticking with Common Rustgill until/unless someone tells me I'm wrong.

Anyway, I tried!

Pete.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Thanks every one .

Thread Information