Thread: Sparrow Fledgeling

Slightly Mad Moderator ladylouise62's Avatar
    Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

Default Sparrow Fledgeling

This is in my garden - not easy to see, but right in the middle of the photo.
    Luckily the cat was having a snooze - ok, a long sleep in the house or this sweetie would be toast. I also have a bit of video of a parent up in the ivy egging it on (the other parent was up on the roof also joining in), although this has been going on for ages - they must all have very sore throats.

Quality isn't the best as I wasn't going to go any closer and this is cropped well in, although the reason I knew there was a little 'un out and about (apart from the constant, frantic chirping!!) was that when I went to tend part of my garden I heard and briefly saw the baby at my feet hop into the undergrowth.... it was lucky I didn't tread on it as there was a lot of cut stuff on the ground camouflaging it. When I went out later with the camera it wasn't hard to track it with all the chirping. Talk about a sitting duck!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4053 - SHRINK cropped.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	720  

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Aww. it is so cute. Well captured
    Last edited by Chocky; 27-06-2007 at 05:26 PM.

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

This thing was still out there at 4.15. Not sure if it is up to flying back to the nest!! Since everything was silent I thought that it would be ok to go out... I wanted to do stuff in the garden whilst it wasn't raining! But I heard it move and then start calling. If they are still on the ground after 4 hours or more, does that bode ill? BTW, the cat has been bothering me to go out.. she was making as much noise as the birds :-)

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Tie a piece of string to tha cat's leg Lol
    No only joking If she gets wind of them you won't need to feed her tonight
    Last edited by Chocky; 02-07-2007 at 08:41 AM.

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

You bet? She treats it as a starter!

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Ahhhh. I still think she is lovely

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

You wouldn't if you could smell what she's done in her litter tray > She prefers to 'go' outside so I think that the later cries to go outside weren't bird related Unfortunately the tray's downstairs, so by the time it reached me upstairs the house was filled with it !!

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Lol.
    I had an enormous utility room where the cats resided at night and they rather preferred the privacy of the litter tray in the utility room than the garden.
    We just had to keep an eye on their gentlemen friends, they would actually come in and sit of top of the washing machine.

Thread Information