Thread: One of the best ever Ebay adverts

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

Default One of the best ever Ebay adverts

Take a look at this one.

_http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230451057921#ht_1342wt _1165
    Rolf

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Absolutely Brilliant

BTW. Rolf you have put an underscore on the url. Took me a while to find out how to get to the site

Slightly Mad Moderator ladylouise62's Avatar
    Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

LOL - it really makes me want to go out and get a car

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

I know Beryl, you are not supposed to copy the underscore it is to disable the URL, so that we don't hot link to ebay giving them a free advert.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Well I didn't know. I'm not so clever

I got there any ways

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

I'm thick as well then, Beryl - but still got there!

So, how could we advertise a certain satellite installer's big van?

(Only kidding, Rolf - honest!)

Later - I see eBay have realised what has been happening and have removed the advert now. Spoilsports!
    Last edited by Catherine; 23-03-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Real Name
    Chris
    Cameras and Equipment

Canon 5D2, Canon 100-400L IS USM and a bag of other lenses

Code:
    http://www.wehostdns.net/clio-ebay/renault_clio.html
    For those that missed it.

Please take no offence and see it in the hilarity it caused.

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

I'm not sure that Ebay withdrew it as according to the blurb, Ebay had sanctioned it.the auction. It finished yesterday at just after 3pm, so maybe you looked after that.

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

No, Louise. I looked at it just after 10am as I was about to send it to a friend. I know how the page looks when an item sale has ended.

This time, there was only a short explanation by eBay, and no copy of the ad. The blurb actually said it had been withdrawn by eBay...

Up to that point over 46,000 people had viewed it. It was fun, but I guess it was 'outwith the spirit of eBay'!

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Yes was definitely removed, but they may have waited for the sale to finish.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

No. It did not say the usual 'Sale has ended for this item!', with the details further down the page.

It was definitely removed before the sale ended. There most likely have been complaints - possibly from Renault and the police! After all, the advert advises a new owner could drive without a licence, etc. and etc.

When I checked the link I'd sent Mike (and it had worked for him) I just got
    'This listing (230451057921) has been removed, or this item is not available.'!

That's not how it is normally done when something is sold - check other 'sold' items to see the normal format!
    Last edited by Catherine; 25-03-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

I know that Catherine, but they can remove items after they've been sold, so the sale still goes through, but there is no trace of it afterwards and no ability to leave feedback.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Aah, must have had a belated sense-of-humour lapse then. It's rather annoying since I complained for ages about sales of a copied (i.e. illegal ) video which destroyed the value of a video I had (had been worth about 60 quid as was not on DVD, then was worth nothing).. but they did nothing at all - well, it was lots of money for them as it was a popular item.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

What ever .

I have a hard copy of the whole add.

I thought it was pretty good . So any of my friends who missed it can see it if they are not on face book as I am not

Thread Information