Thread: Site problems

Real Name
    Crister
    Cameras and Equipment

Phone or my Canon

Default Site problems

OK Rolf, no problems with my computer (well not that I know of) and Your site is the only one that behaves like this, see att picture

Happens ONLY when I click on "Guess the bird" and when it opens up the last post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tames.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	15314  

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

I can't duplicate that Chris, looks like something is driving the page wide, but I've narrowed the width of my browser and it closes right down to the width of the logo, so about 700 pixels. I can see you are using IE, is it an old version?

I use IE8, Firefox and Google Chrome on my PCs and evenb on the smallest monitor with 1024 pixels width the side is fine on that page, even when closed dow to 2/3s of the screen
    Rolf

Real Name
    Crister
    Cameras and Equipment

Phone or my Canon

IE 8 of course, rather updatet am I not lol
    This only happens when the site is slow so, it could, be a problem in my computer - never seen it at home but at work I do have a speedy cable.
    If this is only for me, then forget all about it - I can cope My consern is if there is something not working all time at the site, then I think I better tell You (before) in good time.
    So, let us drop this and see what will happen

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

I use IE8 and Firefox Nothing like that happens...............................yet

Real Name
    Crister
    Cameras and Equipment

Phone or my Canon

Hope it will never happen
    That could pinpoint my worries to my work station

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

it could be a virus

Real Name
    Crister
    Cameras and Equipment

Phone or my Canon

Never, I am secured by Nod 32 - think we have a small site problem. Let us hope it won´t turn bad.
    BTW Think is connected to a slow problem - sometime this site is very slow.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

Chris, try with a different browser, perhaps Google Chrome. I'm running on three different PCs with three different browsers and none of them are showing a problem.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

I didn't mean on this site Rolf.
    I picked up the Alureon virus and some sites wouldn't load like 'Windows updates 'and some site did funny things and I had a problem with the browser refreshing in the middle of typing things in the chat box and posts. I new it wasn't this site . I new it was my computer

In the end I contacted Microsoft and they scanned my computer and found the Alureon virus. Hard do get rid of . Any how they sent me a Me a Malicious Software removal tool and it found it.you can only destroy half of it but that's enough The tool scans your computer and takes Three and half hours and it destroyed half of it which sorted it all out.
    Last edited by Chocky; 06-08-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information