Thread: I just received a parcel...

Slightly Mad Moderator ladylouise62's Avatar
    Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

Default I just received a parcel...

.. and as you can see by the item placed on top of its packaging, they made a real effort to match the the size of the item and the size of the box it came in
    It's a tap in a sturdy box, so all they really needed to do was wrap a couple of layers of stout brown paper around it (i.e the stuff the used inside in a vain attempt to 'pack' the box.
    Still, on the positive side it was the cheapest place I could find and it arrived at midday having been ordered at about 4.30 the day before. Oh, and the cat jumped in to play as soon as she saw it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SH_B105072.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	16291  

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

Laughing at the cat!

You know, that's a great box to post a pressie in, isn't it? And it would cost you to buy one for that purpose!

(BTW, hope it works better than the Bristan one the plumber fitted to my kitchen sink a few weeks ago.... It leaks and wobbles... )

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus Evolt E520, and borrowed lenses and flash. Fuji Finepix S7000 for Macro A chair :)

LOL - thanks for that Catherine - makes me feel so good :-) Actually I was wondering about the wobbling bit because it's SO heavy and quite tall. The previous one wasn't half as heavy although it was good quality. I was limited about what I could have and wondered about trying to find the same one I have before but it was a lot more money and I shouldn't be spending at the moment (not that this one was cheap). It never crossed my mind to check weight, just size... and no-one actually mentioned weight. I'll have to check with the plumber before he starts to put it in.

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Fujifilm FinePix S8200 plus Samsung J5 mobile phone camera. Chinon Compact 9-21 x 25 RB binoculars and 10x - 30x60 Zoom binoculars

I'm sure yours will be fine, Louise!

Despite what Dyno said, it isn't fitted properly. The washer is missing at the LHS, so any water leaks into the cupboard below!

Mine was a cheapo as I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a 12-year-old kitchen just now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bristan tap.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	492.6 KB 
ID:	16298  

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Ah - fair enough. Mine is fitted over 2 holes so that would probably make it more secure anyway.

But only 12 years old? When I moved mine the other day I spotted the delivery note - 1983. One of my settees is from then and the cooker is 81 I think. I did have a washing machine of that sort of age but it went south.

Cameras and Equipment

Olympus dslr e410

my parents still use a hover thats older than me its around 30 yrs old... so 12 is good going!

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

My radio alarm is from about 1976 - and I am gutted that with the digital switchover there's no chance that it could stay with me until the end My Mum still has my fridge from the late 80s - I went bigger even though there's only me... I need room for all that beer

Real Name
    Catherine
    Cameras and Equipment

Yes, but they don't make them like they used to, Louise!

(Hope your plumber eventually arrived!)

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Yep, plumber arrived and it's all safely installed..it IS a monster, though - it's so big that it takes half an hour for the water to make it's way up the tap

Real Name
    joe
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D300,nikon 70-200 +1.7 converter. Nikon 105 mm Macro with VR Sigma 300 with X2 converter Nikon P5000 with fieldscope and Binos Nikon D7000 Nikon 17-55 mm F2.8

Good excuse for not doing the dishwashing

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Joe, I need NO excuse for not doing the dishwashing... and Rolf will back me up on that

Real Name
    joe
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D300,nikon 70-200 +1.7 converter. Nikon 105 mm Macro with VR Sigma 300 with X2 converter Nikon P5000 with fieldscope and Binos Nikon D7000 Nikon 17-55 mm F2.8

You should be like me, throw it in the dishwasher and wait till you run out of cups before starting it.

Real Name
    Louise
    Cameras and Equipment

Even better - I throw it in the sink and wait until the boyfriend comes back... well, it keeps him out of trouble once he's here

Real Name
    joe
    Cameras and Equipment

Hope you've got plenty of dishes unless he comes round often.(How big is your sink?)

Thread Information