Thread: Secret lives of badgers revealed

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Default Secret lives of badgers revealed

The subterranean secrets of badgers have been revealed by a BBC film crew.

Over two years, tiny cameras placed deep underground recorded the comings and goings of a wild badger family.

While the animals have been well studied outside of their setts, until now, little has been known about their behaviour while underground.

Never-before-seen behaviour was filmed, including the badgers diligently making their beds each evening before leaving the setts for a night of foraging.

The crew also captured newborn cubs on camera, as well as grooming and fighting between the older animals.

The footage was recorded for a BBC Natural World wildlife programme.

About 300,000 badgers live across Britain, their tracks and trails criss-cross the countryside, yet they are rarely seen.

More

Real Name
    andrew
    Cameras and Equipment

most of my efforts are digi-scoped, using an opticron hr66 scope, pentax optio v15 digital camera and homemade adaptor.+ a panasonic lumix fz28

i posted the thread about anglesey today, chocky. your article just reminded me that on our drive to anglesey from preston, there was a stretch of road, somewhere between the A494 and the A55 (near queensferry) that we noticed alot of roadkill badgers. the first one we spotted we thought it was a very large dead dog. then we saw another...then another.
    we deliberatetly watched out for them on the way back home. over a stretch of, i'd say, around a mile and a half to two miles, we counted THIRTEEN dead badgers on the hard shoulder. an unusually high amount i would have thought.
    there must have been a stronghold of badgers in that area.... though would that still be the case with all that roadkill???
    p.s. iv'e seen badger sets before, down in cornwall, but never been lucky enough to see live badgers.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

That is a very large amount of road kills. Seams most strange.
    Unfortunately I have never seen a badger

Thread Information