Thread: Tints

Merlin

Default Tints

Been playing about in the 'tints' section of my fixing programme and thought I would try these two to show you.

To be honest in varying degrees any of the forty or so tints I experimented with would have suited this image ranging from subtle to the almost wierd.

Added two more to illustrate how well almost any tint works with this image but won't add any more to avoid boredom......promise.

Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0-18.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	6256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0-18-1.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	6257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0-18-3.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	6260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0-18-2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	6261  

Last edited by Merlin; 04-09-2008 at 08:30 PM.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Quite nice.
    What is your fixing program called?

Merlin

I 'handle' all my photography (small though it is these days) with Picasa which I strongly recommend Beryl, though I'm sure its facilities are pretty limited by comparison with some others but it serves my needs.

Pete.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

Oh yes Picas is very good. I have photoshop CS3

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

I really like these Pete, the tints are good. I use Picasa also Pete, I have done since I began taking photos in 2006 I think it was. I have Adobe Photoshop and can't really get my head around it. I find Picasa is very user friendly, I wouldn't be without it.

Merlin

Thanks for the comments re pics Babs, also you are quite right about Picasa must be the most user friendly photo site on the net......I love it.

Don't want to overdo this one but will add two more to show what I mean about almost all forty tints suiting the pic in varying degrees.

Pete.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

You're right, they all look good Pete.
    Rolf

Merlin

Thanks for that Rolf. By the way I was looking for the answer to......why don't we have the arrow forward/back on multi pics now?

Pete.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

It was an update I did as part of installing something else which over wrote it, but can't find how to add it back in.
    Rolf

Merlin

You will have tried Rolf and thats good enough for me and thanks for the reply.

Pete.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Not totally lost Pete, I may be able to find the modification somewhere.
    Rolf

Merlin

There back......excellent work Rolf you are a star.

Pete.

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

LOL, changed several things, so not sure which one did it.
    Rolf

Thread Information