Thread: My favourite bird guide book

Real Name
    Robert
    Cameras and Equipment

Just your average news hound.

Default My favourite bird guide book

I got the "Collins complete British Birds Photoguide" for my birthday last year and have to say that it is superb, my Brother has The New Birdwatchers Pocket Guide to Britain and Europe" which is also good, but uses illustrations rather than photos.

What does everyone else use?

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

I have the
    Birds of the British Isles author Jim Flegg
    RSPB Handbook of British Birds
    The Illustrated Birdwatcher's Calander
    RSPB Birdfeeder Handbook

I also have the Collins gem Insects and the Collins gem Butterflies

Real Name
    Rolf
    Cameras and Equipment

Olympus E-30, Sigma 50-500mm Lens, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Zuiko 70-300mm lens, Sigma 50mm F1,4 lens, Extension tube, 1.4x tele-converter, Carbon FibreTripod, Monopod, Vanguard Binoculars, Celestron 80F-ED Scope, Remembird recorder.

I have both of the guides mentioned in the first post, plus I use The DVD Rom Guide to British Birds, which is great, because it has illustrations, photos, film clips and sound clips.
    Rolf

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

I have the RSPB Birds of Britain and Europe and the Collins Bird Guide, along with several other smaller bird guides and my son bought me the Life of Birds Book.

Edited for spelling
    Chocky
    Last edited by Chocky; 11-04-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Real Name
    Barbara
    Cameras and Equipment

The equipment I use is a Canon 30D with Sigma 50-500mm lens. I also have a garden hide from which I take most of my pictures.

I also have another book which I forgot about last night. The Collins New Generation Guide Birds of Britain and Europe this is the first book we ever purched I think

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Nikon D7200 Camera. Nikon 55-300mm VR F4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR SWM WAF-5 DX Micro Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G SWM DX swm ED af aspherical 18-55 With wide angle converter Nikon Coolpix S5100 Sony HandycamDCR-SR58 Hama tripod Canon Pixma iP7250 PixmaMG5500

I reacently bought Tony Soper's latest book. I can't find it at the moment and I can't remember it's name , since my ceiling fell down ( ontop of mr) and the carpet got ruind a lot of things had to be bundled into another room wel that is to say every thing . I'm still looking for some of my books.
    Chocky

LOL, Well I think the ceiling falling down is a good enough excuse for not being able to find them Chocky.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

Ha ha . It was the bay roof, it let in water and the builder got the go a-head to fix it nd then the ceiling fell on me whilst I was looking for wheret he watrer was coming in. I was lucky , I got away with whiplash , new roof , new ceiling and new carpet. Still hven't found my bird book.

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

I found my book. It is Tony Soaper Bird Table Book. I don't have a gardwn now but still a usful book and I got it foa fiver. The shop had aflood and the books got wet. This one is i reasonbly good nick

Real Name
    Beryl
    Cameras and Equipment

I have Bill Oddie's How to Watch Wildlife DVD, Winged Migration DVD and Planet Earth DVD and recently bought 'Spring Watch and Autumn Watch'
    Bill Oddie, Kat Humble and Simon King BBC (one book)

Oh and also have last years Autumn Watch DVD (home recorded)
    Last edited by Chocky; 26-06-2007 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added info

Thread Information